Tart cherries, specifically the Montmorency variety, are packed with high levels of antioxidants compounds that protect the body against harmful toxins and slow down cell degeneration. There are at least 17 antioxidants in Montmorency cherries, according to scientific analysis,
- Contains beneficial antioxidants in Montmorency cherries include proanthocyanins from the flavonoid family, superoxide dismutase (a powerful enzyme and cellular antioxidant), and melatonin one of the most potent known antioxidants ever discovered.
- CherryActive may be beneficial in the relief of gout, fibromyalgia and arthritis conditions.
- Scientific studies are demonstrating how foods naturally rich in melatonin like Montmorency cherries may help sufferers of insomnia gain deep, restful sleep.
- How do Montmorency cherries reduce the pain of gout? Gout is a form of arthritis that occurs when uric acid crystals accumulate in a joint, leading to the sudden development of pain and inflammation. People with gout either over-produce uric acid or are less efficient than others at eliminating it.
- The cherries can also benefit arthritis and fibromyalgia sufferers
CherryActive concentrate contains no added sugar or sweeteners just 100 per cent Montmorency cherries. In fact a single bottle contains the juice of around 3,000 cherries (half a tree).
The recommended daily dose is 30ml (2 tbsp) of concentrate, diluted with water, in a half-pint glass.
The bottle contains approximately 31 servings.
CherryActive capsules contain about one hundred powdered Montmorency cherries per capsule, with a recommended dose of one to two 500mg capsules daily.
There are no contraindications associated with CherryActive.
However, if you are on existing medication its always wise to consult your GP before use.