Unfortunately, there are no dietary sources of EPA or DHA for vegans. Since the body cannot synthesise EPA and DHA efficiently, supplementation is the only reliable route.
Thankfully high-quality algae oil exists to fill the nutritional gap in the diet. Smart, specific and effective supplementation. We pride ourselves on integrity and customer trust, producing and providing the highest purity supplements on the market. This algae oil is no different - superior quality, superior results.
Algae - not fish - as the source of EPA and DHA
When people hear about EPA and DHA, most people think of fish oil but fish do not synthesize EPA and DHA. The reason fish contain omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA is because somewhere in the food chain a fish consumed an algae that naturally contained these fatty acids. These fatty acids bioaccumulate in the food chain, e.g. when a large fish eats a smaller fish, and ultimately reach humans when a fish is eaten as part of a diet.
How is algae oil produced?
These algae are cultivated indoor large steel-tanks using fermentation technology. Subsequently, the omega-3 rich oil is extracted. This is environmentally friendly and sustainable method and environmental toxins that bioaccummulate in fish and hence fish oil are completely avoided.
Health benefits are as follows
- Combined intake of 250 mg of EPA and DHA per day contributes to the normal function of the heart.
- DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision at 250 mg per day.
- DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function at 250 mg per day.
- DHA contributes to normal visual development of infants up to 12 months of age at 100 mg per day.
- DHA contributes to normal development of the brain and eye of the fetus and breastfed infants at 200 mg a day.
Algal oil from Schizochytrium sp algae, antioxidants (mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, ascorbyl palmitate). Vegetable softgel: Modified corn starch, glycerol, carrageenan (thickener), sodium carbonate.
Individual intake will vary, however we recommend you consume the standard serving size of 2 capsules per day with or without a meal.
A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced
diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.