Clary sage, also known as Salvia sclarea, is a plant native to the northern Mediterranean Basin. It is widely used for medicinal purposes and as a spice. Clary Sage Essential Oil is derived from the Salvia sclarea herb.
Clary sage essential oil - properties:
- Uplifting, relaxing and restorative
- May aid in balancing the hormones, for example during menopause
- May also help with balancing men's hormones
- It can be used on the skin but needs to be diluted with a vegetable oil (such as olive oil) - 50/50
- Can be used in a bath (add 6-10 drops to a warm bath)
Essential oils can be used in an oil burner or an oil diffuser.